No Data Returned

Aug 13, 2010 at 2:26 PM
Edited Aug 13, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Hi,

First, I think it's great someone finally developed something like this for CodePlex - Good Job!

Now, my issue, I'm not getting any data back.  Some context, all my lists are custom but they all have a Title field.  Here is my code.  Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

<%@ Register TagPrefix="cc1" Namespace="PS.WebParts" Assembly="PS.WebParts.Rollup, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90e3045b123af1c3" %>

<cc1:CrossSiteDataSource runat="server" ContentType="Item" TopLevelSite="/" Scope="Recursive" Lists="100" DatesInISO8601="True" FixLookups="True" QueryRowLimit="100" ID="DSC">

<Fields>
<FieldRef Name="Title" /></Fields>

<Query>
<Where><Neq><FieldRef Name="Title"/><Value Type="Text"></Value></Neq></Where>
</Query>

</cc1:CrossSiteDataSource>

I have the Debug enabled and it provides this information:

Query time: 10.0144 / 28:25:4891104 - 28:25:4991248
DS: 10.0144 total
Transform time: 0 / 28:25:4891104 - 28:25:4991248

RESULTING XML

New Rollup2

<DocumentElement />

Thanks!

Tom

Aug 13, 2010 at 2:37 PM
Hi Tom,
              You need to filter the query by Content Type as well. I have seen that the query will not return results if you dont filter by Content Type. Try this query:

<Query>
<Where><And><Eq><FieldRef Name='ContentType'/><Value Type='Text'>Item</Value></Eq><Neq><FieldRef Name='Title'/><Value Type='Text'></Value></Neq></And></Where>
</Query>

Thanks,

Bhuvan

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 10:26 AM, tsmolskow <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

First, I think it's great someone finally developed something like this for CodePlex - Good Job!

Now, my issue, I'm not getting any data back.  Some context, all my lists are custom but they all have a Title field.  Here is my code.  Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

<%@ Register TagPrefix="cc1" Namespace="PS.WebParts" Assembly="PS.WebParts.Rollup, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90e3045b123af1c3" %>

<cc1:CrossSiteDataSource runat="server" ContentType="Item" TopLevelSite="/" Scope="Recursive" Lists="100" DatesInISO8601="True" FixLookups="True" QueryRowLimit="100" ID="DSC">

<Fields>

<Query>
<Where><Neq><FieldRef Name="Title"/><Value Type="Text"></Value></Neq></Where>
</Query>

Thanks!

Tom

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (portalsolutions@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email portalsolutions@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 13, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Still no results, are any of the fields in your query place holders - i.e. am I suppose to add actual content type names from my site?

Aug 13, 2010 at 3:08 PM
Yes, You have to add actual content type names instead of "Item" if they are different. If you need multiple content types, you have to modify the query to get all the content types.

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 11:06 AM, tsmolskow <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Still no results, are any of the fields in your query place holders - i.e. am I suppose to add actual content type names from my site?

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (portalsolutions@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email portalsolutions@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 13, 2010 at 3:14 PM

OK, so I am using an Announcement content type - so here is the new code - but still no results:

<Fields>

<Query>

<Where><And><Eq><FieldRef Name='ContentType'/><Value Type='Text'>Announcement</Value></Eq><Neq><FieldRef Name='Title'/><Value Type='Text'></Value></Neq></And></Where>

</Query>

Aug 13, 2010 at 3:20 PM
Please use this sample that works for me:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="wpns0" Namespace="PS.WebParts" Assembly="PS.WebParts.Rollup, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90e3045b123af1c3" %>
<wpns0:CrossSiteDataSource runat="server" Scope="Recursive" FixLookups="True" QueryRowLimit="500" Lists="11101" ID="DSC1"
ListFields="ProjectName,Created,Author" TopLevelSite="/Divisions/" IncludeListData="False">
<Query>
<Where>
<Eq><FieldRef Name='ContentType'/><Value Type='Text'>Consultation</Value></Eq>
</Where>
</Query>
</wpns0:CrossSiteDataSource>
And you need to use the same field names that you are getting here in the xsl for them to show up. Say I am getting ProjectName, so in the xsl you have to use @ProjectName to display the field. Otherwise you will not get any data even if one field is wrong.
On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 11:14 AM, tsmolskow <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

OK, so I am using an Announcement content type - so here is the new code - but still no results:

<Fields>

<Query>

<Where><And><Eq><FieldRef Name='ContentType'/><Value Type='Text'>Announcement</Value></Eq><Neq><FieldRef Name='Title'/><Value Type='Text'></Value></Neq></And></Where>

</Query>